Diabetes mellitus (DM), generally referred to as Diabetes, is a group of metabolic diseases in which high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period is seen. Diabetes occurs due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding correctly to the insulin produced. Symptoms of this disease include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. If left untreated, diabetes can cause several complications. Acute complications involve Diabetic ketoacidosis and Nonketotic Hyperosmolar coma. Serious long-term complications may include cardiovascular disease, kidney failure, stroke and damage to the eyes.
The medicines applied to treat this complicated disease can weaken and disturb the internal delicate balance of the sufferer. In allopathic treatment options no cure permanently can be found. Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes are gaining attention due to its capability to address the root cause of the disease, bring satisfactory results, prevent the situation form getting compounded and boosting internal resistance power of the individual. Home remedies for diabetes can be trusted upon. Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes is now available with assured results.
Some of the most commonly opted for natural remedies for diabetes are listed below-:
- Intake 2 teaspoons of Bitter Gourd Juice once a day. Also try to increase its inclusion in daily meal by making its vegetable curry.
- Fenugreek seeds are quite effective. Having 2 teaspoon of its powder with water daily can be a best Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes.
- Ayurvedic cure for diabetes can also be best served by Amla juice. Amla or Indian Gooseberry juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of Bitter gourd juice can be taken twice daily in a small cup.
- Avoid sweet, sour, spicy foods, potatoes, fresh grains and pulses, whole yogurt and oily food. Ayurveda for Diabetes suggest including whole grains, skimmed milk, garlic, onion, bitter gourd, spinach, raw banana etc in the diet. Doing light exercise like brisk walking and morning walk should be done regularly and sleeping during daytime needs to be avoided.
- Some Ayurvedic medicinal herbs can be tried and are known to be good for diabetic patients. These include Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana) Powder from jamun core and Gurmar (gymnema sylvestre). Triphala which is the mixture of Amla, Hartaki and Bahera can be very good if taken regularly with 1-2 days off in a week. Shilajit powder can also be good.
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)Bark of this plant is available in the form of powder which can be taken 1 teaspoon daily or as recommended by the Ayurveda practitioner.
These are some Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes for all.
Read More :- Home Remedies